Homecoming is as important, if not more, as the prom night. You deserve to look your best, and for that, you need the right outfit. So, what does it take to select the perfect homecoming dress? In this post, we have a few dos and don’ts that you must follow.
- Don’t wear spring colors. Homecoming is usually in the spring, and you would want to wear something that’s more appropriate for the event, unlike the prom, when red and pink rules the choices. Black is a good choice, and you can opt for something flirty too, as long as it doesn’t seem too much for homecoming.
- Don’t shy away from experimenting. It is easier to experiment for homecoming than prom, because you don’t have very strict rules. Yes, there are usually dress codes, but you can always go ahead and wear something that isn’t too revealing. Some schools don’t allow sleeveless even now, so it is still better to check.
- Do focus on balance. Okay, homecoming is more like a semi-casual event, so you don’t have to be decked up for a formal outing. If you want to wear a short dress, make sure that the hemline or length is appropriate. Anything that’s above the knee up to three inches is considered to be acceptable. It is best to go short to the acceptable limit, because your legs will slender.
- Do shop in advance. You would want to accessorize your homecoming dress, and even with readymade outfits, it may require at least two to three fittings. If you buy the outfit in advance, it’s always an advantage, because there’s enough time to buy the right shoes, accessories and everything that you need.
- Don’t think heels are compulsory. Heels may seem right for homecoming, but it isn’t a hard and fast rule. Block and chunky heels might be a better choice than the pencil heels, or you can also wear a pair of ballet flats.
- Don’t over the accessories. You need accessories to deck up your dress, but don’t go overboard. A lot of it depends on the outfit too. When the dress is a standout item, you would want to minimize everything else. Go for simple studs or hoops if you like.
- Do your shopping online. If you want to save money, go for online shopping. Many e-retailers have specific sections for homecoming, and you can even get plus sizes without any effort.
Check online and shop now!